Give Me 5 for Kids – I Remember when…
This June, the Sunshine Coast celebrates 21 years of 92.7 MIX FM’s Give Me 5 for Kids, but this year is different, so take a break and reflect on a job well done.
For 21 years you’ve been helping Sunshine Coast kids in need of care. From Wishlist and 92.7 MIX FM … thank you.
92.7 MIX FM will be showcasing pieces from people who have been associated with their Give Me 5 for Kids campaign over the last 21 years – from staff, volunteers, businesses, children, parents and more!
If you would still like to donate to 92.7 MIX FM’s Give Me 5 For Kids, Wishlist are still raising money for the following and would be so appreciative of your support.
- Paediatric Critical Care Unit Family Room refurbishment which will have one bedroom, a bathroom, kitchenette and a fold-out sofa bed to help families stay together in times of medical crisis = $200,000
- Diabetes Equipment to assist children at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital and Gympie – includes Blood Glucose Monitoring Equipment for loan to families and funding children to attend Diabetes Camps and other events = $10,300
- Child Healthy Lifestyle Group Programs – an early intervention programme targeting “at risk” families with links to child obesity and long term health implications for children and their families = $1,999.75
- DVDs and iPads for children to use as distractive therapy during long stays in hospital.
- Ongoing funding for Clown Doctors to bring laughter to sick children at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital = $110,800 per annum.
- Ongoing funding for Yoga Therapy for the Children’s Ward = $13,000 per annum.
- Colouring Packs used as a ‘boredom buster’ for kids in hospitals across the Sunshine Coast